Sunday, April 19, 2009

Commercial Fishing Boots?

I have been fishing salmon, prawn and halibut since I was 13 an I have 2 seasons of Alaskan king crab fishing under my belt. I was wondering if anyone knows of a superior brand of rubber boots for this kind of work. Regular toe and/or steel toe, I have been using a Baffin steel toe boot for halibut and crab but for salmon and prawn I just use a pair I picked up for super cheap, just regular toe too. Any help is much appreciated.

Commercial Fishing Boots?
Try these


http://www.seattlemarine.net/products/xt...


*added*


sorry didnt realise fishsteelhead had given you this link.
Reply:Never did any crabbin%26#039; but, worked on both Seiners and troller/gillnetter combo%26#039;s (lived in Southeastern AK., and the old man had fishin%26#039; vessels) and my choice was the good old Uni-Royal boots (big seller in the late 60%26#039;s ~ yah%26#039; I%26#039;m up there in years ;) )... Have a friend that has worked crabbin%26#039; before and I believe the %26quot;Xtratuf%26quot; boot was his choice (link below is for steel-toe but, check out others available from site ~ go to %26quot;previous%26quot; or %26quot;next%26quot; on the page for more selections). Good luck, hope ya%26#039; find somethin%26#039;, stay safe and ya%26#039; be a better man that I ie., workin%26#039; a Crab boat ;) ;) ;)...


%26lt; %26#039; (( ( %26gt; %26lt;








Steel-toe:


http://www.seattlemarine.net/productcart...



book

No comments:

Post a Comment